$1200 Bonus Package
100% up to $200Instant Welcome Bonus
$350 Welcome Bonus + Up to 150 Free SpinsCode: YES
100% up to $200Welcome BonusCode: BONUS100
$1010 Bonus Package
Baccarat, pronounced bah-kuh-rah, is a gambling card game, in which the winner is the player who holds two or three cards totaling closest to nine in total.
In This Game Overview
- Baccarat Tips
- Baccarat Variants
- Look Out For...
- Baccarat Rules and Terms
- Baccarat Basics
- Baccarat History
- Baccarat Trivia
It is simple and fun to play the baccarat game. It also has a low house edge, which can be as low as 1.06% on the best bet. Whereas it is usually played in a roped off section on the casino floor and requires a dress code, the online baccarat version has nothing to do with such snootiness. But before you kick off and join the Baccarat game, make sure to read through the following for and some valuable information that will prepare you for the game.
The basics of Baccarat
There are only three possible outcomes to the game of Baccarat - Player, Banker and Tie. Anyone can bet on either option - player, banker or tie. These terms - player and banker - do not refer to the customer and the house, rather only designate the two hands dealt in the game. They are simply the options that the customer can bet on.
Baccarat is played with eight decks of cards, usually. Card values are as follows:
Cards 2-9 are worth face value, 10s and face cards are worth 0 and Aces are 1 point. (Card suits are of no import to the game.)
The highest score is 9, and so when a hand total exceed nine, the tens digit drops. Thus a 10 is worth zero, also known as Baccarat, and a hand consisting of a 6 and a 7 is worth 3 (6+7=13 = 3). In essence, it is impossible to bust.
Baccarat Rules and Terms
Basic terms in Baccarat online include the name of the game, which means zero, which is the lowest possible hand, and the following:
Natural: when the hand, consisting of two cards, totals 8 or 9.
Le Grande: the best hand in the game, totaling 9.
Petite: a hand total of 8.
As for the game, Baccarat begins with an opening bet on player, banker or a tie. The player and banker receive two cards each, consisting of a hand, the value of which is calculated as explained above. The banker is merely a ceremonial role, and the player too merely turns the cards over, while players (called punters) may bet on either from around the table or elsewhere logged on to the casino.
If the hand total, of either player or banker, is a natural, they will stand and not draw a third card. A hand total of 5 or less necessitates a hit. A Baccarat chart explains in further detail the options the banker has in response to the player's decision to hit or stand.
Keep your eyes open for...
- Baccarat has always been a game of the nobility. It has by and large kept to this standard. Minimum bets are relatively high, at times starting at $25. Make sure the game you choose is a game you can afford.
- Betting on a tie is one of the three options in Baccarat. Notice the payouts for tie bets, which are usually 9 to 1, but may vary.
The information provided here relates by and large to regular, big Baccarat. A Mini Baccarat game, though less common at online casinos, is also available. The rules are the same, but the game is faster, as the dealer turns over all the cards. Unless Mini Baccarat is played with only six decks, the odds are exactly the same.
As for Baccarat, three versions exist: baccarat chemin de fer, baccarat banque and baccarat punto banco. The first two versions allow for skill to take part, with the decisions up to the player's decisions. In the latter version, also known as North American baccarat, the banker's moves are determined by the moves of the player.
Read the following easy to implement baccarat tips to improve your baccarat strategy:
- Baccarat Casino Game is similar to the Italian game of Basset, also known as Barbacole and Hocca, or its descendant Faro.
- In a land-based casino baccarat game you will be asked to place a bet either on the Player or Banker.
- In Baccarat you must bet on one of three outcomes - a Player win, The Banker wins, or - Tie.
- In Baccarat all cards are worth their numeric value, except tens and face cards which are worth zero, and Aces, which are worth 1.
- Baccarat hands will never have a score over nine. Nor can they bust which means that the hand that has the higher value (closest to 9), is the winning hand in the game.
- A winning baccarat bet on the Player hand will be paid 1 to 1, a Tie bet will pay 8 to 1 and a winning bet on the Banker hand will be paid even money minus the 5% commission.
- Expect to pay higher table minimums in baccarat than many other casino games.
- Mini-baccarat is faster than the regular baccarat game because the dealer turns over all of the cards.
- In terms of baccarat playing strategy top tip - most players are advised to stay away from making the Tie bet.
- There are many baccarat winning system out there, most of them are a fraud or will promise you something not realistic, to improve your game and master baccarat simply learn how to play the game and read more about tips and strategies in our baccarat guides section
- You can get great free baccarat bonus at online casinos but always read the wagering requirements first, the wagering requirements can effect your baccarat odds of winning.
- Baccarat gambling is fun and easy however, before you wager real money play baccarat free games and make sure you understand the game rules and routines.
- In the right side of this page you can find extra baccarat guides, its recommended to read them too.
The history of Baccarat is Italian, later crossing to France where it was the game of the noble classes for centuries to follow. The word Baccarat means zero in both French and Italian.
It is believed to have been invented by Italian gambler Felix Falguierein in the middle ages, based on a myth of a blond virgin who rolled a nine sided die to decide her fate by the gods. Baccarat was then introduced into France during the reign of Charles VIII of France in the late 15th century.
In France, the similar version called chemin de fer evolved from Baccarat. It crossed to England, from there to South America, and after the Havana casinos closed in the 1950s finally made its way to Las Vegas.
- Baccarat is similar to the Italian game of Basset, also known as Barbacole and Hocca, or its descendant Faro.
- Baccarat chemin de fer is a favorite of Ian Fleming's James Bond. Casino Royale is the most famous instance - book and movie - in which the entire plot is around the table. The game is featured in other Bond films as well.
- Somewhat surprisingly, the name of the game - Baccarat - is named after the worst hand, a zero, rather than a winning combination or other.
- Similar to blackjack in that two cards are initially dealt to both sides.
- Baccarat delivers a low Casino Edge meaning little over 1% on the top bet on the table.
- Baccarat is similar to craps in the manner in which other players at the table place bets.
- There is no difference in odds between baccarat games and the mini-baccarat game versions.
- Baccarat is a high rollers game because of its history and the way it was marketed for the rich and classy players.