Your First Steps in Online Casino TournamentsPublished September 6, 2012 by OCR Editor
Helping you find great tournaments and learn the lingo.
An online tournament can take a number of forms. For example, at online poker rooms players go head to head in poker games. However, in online casino tournaments - the type of tournaments we're talking about here - participants play against the house. In this case, the tournament prize is awarded to the player who makes the most wins against the house.Slots Tournaments
Slots are the games most commonly used in online casino tournaments. In fact, slots tournaments are a highly popular feature at All Slots Casino. These tournaments may be "buy-in" competitions, in which players must pay a buy-in amount towards the prize pool. When the designated time for tournament is over, participants are ranked according to how much they won, and the prize pool is divided up between them accordingly. The player who ranked first receives the largest amount. All Slots also hosts "free roll" tournaments; these have no buy-in but still award big prizes.
Tournaments Day and Night at All Slots
All Slots offers a packed schedule of tournaments, for example:
- The $1k All Day Reloader
- The $2k 3-Day Survivor
- The $50 90min Freeroll
- The $10 Weekend Whopper
- The $25 Monthly Monster
Our Tournament Board at OCR keeps you informed of registration and start times for All Slots tournaments. Here are some clarifications of the terminology you'll find there:
- "Buy-in" - as mentioned above, this is an amount you pay to join a tournament; the money is put into the prize pool.
- "Fee" - sounds similar to a buy-in, and indeed is: you pay the fee to enter the tournament, but the fee goes to the casino as payment for running the event. It does not go into the prize pool.
- "Add On" - an additional time slot you can pay for so that you can keep going even if your allotted playing time is up. This may lift your final ranking.
- "Re-Buy" - you can purchase a re-buy to re-enter a tournament from scratch. All winnings from your previous entry will be nullified.
- "Prize" - this means "prize pool"; namely, the total amount to be shared between the winners when the tournament is over.