$300 Welcome Bonus
$300 Bonus Package
$1000 Bonus Package
Best of both worlds?
In This Game Overview
- About Elimination Blackjack
- Elimination Blackjack Objective
- Elimination Blackjack Rules
- Elimination Blackjack Tips and Strategies
- The Elimination Blackjack Bluff
- The Final Word
A heady mix of tournament Poker and Blackjack, Elimination Blackjack is the new contender on the Blackjack block. But does it distill both games and come up as a poor substitute for both, or does it take the best of each and come up trumps?
Online Casino Reports gives you facts,figures and final thoughts on this new wannabe, helping you to decide if you should get in on the action.
What is Elimination Blackjack?
Elimination Blackjack is a tournament version of Blackjack invented by Russ Hamilton. It started out in land-based casinos but online Elimination Blackjack can now be found at selected online casinos. It is part No Limit Texas hold em and part traditional Blackjack.
What is the Objective of Elimination Blackjack?
The aim of the game is to be the last one in or the player with the highest value chips after 30 hands.
What are the Elimination Blackjack Rules?
The game tends to be played over 30 rounds and can have a starting stake of $10,00 up to $100,000. The standard rules are:
- Six decks are used and a maximum of 7 players can take part.
- Once the first two cards have been dealt players can surrender and receive half of their original bet.
- Insurance can be bought if the house up card is an ace.
- Doubling Down can be done only with two cards. It can also be done after splitting, except in the case of aces.
- The house has to hit on a Soft 17 of under but stay on a hard 17 and over.
- Players can split pairs (except aces) to a maximum of three or sometimes four times (check the rules at the casino you play at).
- There is a rotating marker in Elimination Blackjack which rotates clockwise every hand.
- Players have longer to make decisions on elimination rounds - 45 seconds as opposed to the standard 25 seconds.
- Elimination takes place after hands 8, 16, and 25. At the end of each of these hands the player with the lowest value chips bows out.
- Eliminations also take place if a player loses all of his or her chips or does not have enough chips to meet the minimum wager required.
- At least one player must be eliminated during every elimination hand. Even if players bust due to the loss of all chips or being unable to make the minimum bet, there still needs to be a fresh elimination based on play.
- Players can place one secret bet that he can use at any time during the round. The value of this bet is known by the player alone until the conclusion of the relevant hand.
- The player with the most chips at the end of hand 30 wins.
Elimination Blackjack Tips
Since the game is a combination of Blackjack and No Limit Texas Hold ‘Em, it is wise for players to have a good knowledge of both games in order to hit the ground running.
Elimination Blackjack strategies include:
- Always hit a hard 8 or less.
- Always stand on a hard 17 or more.
- Double down on a hard 9 through to a hard 11.
- Split aces and 8s.
- Don't split 5s or 10s.
Online Elimination Blackjack is played on similar lines to the live casino game but some of the playing strategies may vary, so make sure you check out online tips for online play.
The Elimination Blackjack Bluff
One element of poker introduced into Elimination Blackjack is the famous bluff. Each player is allowed to make one Secret Bet per round. The other players will not be aware which round has been bet upon or the amount at stake. Players therefore bluff so that they can try to take advantage of their higher stakes. This not only adds an element of fun and intrigue into the game but it allows players to win bets even if they later get eliminated.
The Final Word
Elimination Blackjack is a welcome addition to the range of Blackjack games on the net and in land-based casinos. It is a popular fixture on some Blackjack tours and is fun to watch as well as play.