$300 Welcome Bonus
€1650 Bonus Package
€500 Welcome Bonus
$1000 Bonus Package
Grand Hazard differs from Sic Bo in the betting scheme involved.
In This Game Overview
- Sic Bo and Grand Hazard
- How to Play Grand Hazard
- Grand Hazard Bets
- Grand Hazard Payouts
Grand Hazard is a variant of Sic-bo, It is played with three dice and differs from Sic Bo in some of the bets that can be placed and the board layout.
It is played in US and European land based casinos and is popular due to its simplicity and ease of play. It is said to have been a traditional cowboy pursuit, having its origins in Wild West saloons.
Gambling dice games such as Sic Bo and Grand Hazard have made a successful transition online, where they can be played for free or for cash prizes.
Differences Sic Bo and Grand Hazard
Grand Hazard differs from Sic Bo in the following ways:
- In Grand Hazard you can place bets on odds or even numbers.
- You can also place bets not only on triples but, more specifically, on high or low triples (called raffles).
- The Bank retains the stake bet so the payouts listed are actually slightly lower than they seem.
- The House also claws back an advantage by not paying out on high, low, odd and even bets if three of a kind (triples) are thrown.
How to Play Grand Hazard
Any one can play Grand Hazard, not only is it simple to learn but the bets are also placed on the board, so there is no need to remember the odds. The game is also one of chance so there is little in the way of strategy for new players to worry about.
- Players consider the range of bets and payouts listed on the Grand Hazard Board.
- For land based Grand Hazard, they place their chips in the relevant position, for online Grand Hazard they indicate their bets by clicking on the relevant part of the Grand Hazard Board.
- Once the dice have been thrown the successful bets listed on the board light up and payouts are made.
Grand Hazard Bets and Grand Hazard Payouts
Payouts are similar to those of Sic Bo.
- Specific value bets on one dice pay out 1-1
- Specific value bets on two dice pay out 2-1
- Specific value bets on three dice pay out 3-1
- High bets paid out if the total is 11 or higher
- Low bets pay out if the total is 10 or less.
- Neither High nor Low bets are paid out for triples.
- Three of a Kind bets pay out a huge 180-1.
Grand Hazard has close similarities to Sic Bo the main differences being the betting options and some of the House advantages.