$1200 Bonus Package
$100 Bonus Package
$1000 Bonus Package
Enjoy North America's favorite version of Baccarat.
In This Game Overview
- Punto Banco Trivia
- Punto Banco History
- Punto Banco Gaming
- Punto Banco Objective
- Punto Banco Tips & Strategy
- Punto Banco Interesting Tidbits
- Punto Banco Quick Rules
In several countries including Australia, Canada and the USA, there is a popular variety of Baccarat called Punto Banco. In this variant of Baccarat,it is the casino that banks the games all the time. Punters are able to place wagers on either the player or the banker - which are essentially the 2 hands dealt in every game.
Punto Banco Trivia
- 007 in Casino Royale is seen enjoying an exciting game of Baccarat
- Punto Banco is the name for the North American Baccarat variant
- Baccarat was introduced to Las Vegas in 1959 at the Sands Hotel and Casino
- Baccarat's name is derived from the 'zero' or worst hand
Punto Banco History
Baccarat is thought to have evolved from the ancient Chinese game of Pai Gow during the 13th or 14th century. While the history is shrouded in mystery,it is generally accepted that this game developed seriously in Italy in the 15th century.
Punto Banco Gaming
The game begins with two cards being dealt face-down. It goes in the order:Player, Banker and then a second round of cards with Player and Banker being dealt again. The croupier totals the cards and announces the results. A table of play determines if more cards need to be dealt. Either the Player or the Banker may draw another card or stand pat. Naturally, the hand with the highest total wins.
Punto Banco Objective
The goal of the game is to score 9 or as close to 9 as possible. And of course the goal is to beat ones opponents by holding a better hand.
Punto Banco Tips & Strategy
- Always stick to your wagering limits
- Ensure that you have a sound knowledge of the game and rules
- Carefully choose the online casino you are going to game at
- Be sure to use the free online Baccarat gaming option before you wager for real money
- Know when to call it a night
Punto Banco Interesting Tidbits
Punto Banco games are frequented by high rollers, who drop huge amounts of money on single hands. Minimum wagers are high and often start at $25 and go upwards of $500.
It is not unheard of to place $10,000 wagers on hands in high rollers suites. Punto Banco offers the lowest house edge in casinos. The Punto wager has a house edge of just 1.24%. The Banco wager has a house edge of just 1.06%.
Punto Banco Quick Rules
It is generally accepted in Punto Banco that if either the Player or Banker hits an 8 or 9 total on the initial deal, then there is no need to draw more cards. However, if a lower total is struck then the game goes on.
The rules of Punto Banco are complex; suffice it to say that everything is dependent on what the player draws and what the banker stands on. For example:if a player draws a 6 or 7, the Banker draws if he has 0-6, and stands if he has 7.