$1200 Bonus Package
$100 Bonus Package
$1000 Bonus Package
Beginners Advice to Choosing an Online Casino
Ten Ways to Ensure Fair Play
- Online casino licenses
- Online casino software
- Payout percentages
- Banking methods and payment options
- Online casino reputation
- Customer support service
- Bonuses and promotions
- Casino games
- Gaming level
- Casino endorsements
So much choice can be confusing – learn how to pick out those with the best service, offers and reliability.
Why Players Need to Choose with Care?
With so many online casinos available and an increasing number of big brands and multi-casino operators in the market, there are plenty of 'safe bets' around. However, not all players avoid the pitfalls and some end up on disreputable sites that don't offer players the best odds, payment options, payout percentages and more. In some cases the drawbacks are even more extreme, with credit card scams and other risks lurking to lure in naïve gamblers. However, help is at hand; follow our Top Ten selection tips below to help you pick a winner.
- Where is the online casino licensed? You should be able to find out in which jurisdiction an online casino is licensed in on the About Us page. Many online casinos display their licensing logo at the bottom of the home page. The best, most trusted jurisdictions include Australia, Kahnawake, Cyprus, Netherlands, West Indies, Malta, Alderney, UK and Gibraltar.
- What software does the online casino use? Microgaming, Playtech, Cryptologic, Net Entertainment and Real Time Gaming are renowned platforms. Some casinos, such as Party Casino, have developed their own software and have also built up solid reputations. Reputable online casino software platforms have their software audited and reviewed for fairness. Auditors look at their Random Number Generator (RNG), payout percentages and other elements of their software.
- What are the Payout Percentages? Check out the casino payout percentage and check these are audited independently before signing up.
- What Banking Methods and Payment Options are on Offer? Find out the deposit and withdrawal methods available; look out for any daily or weekly withdrawal limits which may be lurking in the small print - the best online casinos don't have these. Make sure that the casino offers secure financial transactions using encryption systems. If in any doubt, check for endorsement by recognized bodies such as VeriSign.
- Does the Online Casino Have a Good Reputation? Players always have a lot to say about online casinos, both good and bad. Check out popular online forums to gain a barometer of opinion on the latest casino recommendations and condemnations.
- Does the casino have a responsive Customer Support service? You want responsive customer support. Those publishing telephone lines and live chat are the most accessible, often with 24/7 service.
- Do the Bonuses and Promos Cleary Display the Small Print? The adverts for promos will be very visible on the site but how hard is it to find the related terms and conditions? Any online casino worth its salt displays these clearly so that players understand the play through requirements, game restrictions and other small print before signing up.
- What Games are on Offer? Does it offer a range of games that interest you? Lots to look for here; Do they have different variants of games such as Blackjack to add a bit of variety into the mix? Is there any in-game interaction and chat? Are there any side games and mini games? Do they offer free play? Finally, are the games you want to play available in the format you want; download or instant play?
- What Level is the Online Casino Geared at? Is the site geared up for your playing level? If you are inexperienced you should plump for a site with a gambling school that explains the rules and includes lots of free play and low buy-in games. If you are an experienced high roller than you will be looking for a completely different type of site.
- Is the casino endorsed? Certification from recognized bodies such as eCOGRA or Interactive Gaming Council (IGC) gives players peace of mind. These accreditation bodies audit sites and quality assure their safety, service and player support. They look at the timeliness of financial payments, fair play and so on.