$1000 Bonus Package
€200 Welcome Bonus
$500 Welcome Bonus
How to Play Video Poker
Video Poker is a combination of slot machines and 5 card draw table poker.
Unlike regular Poker, video poker is a battle between you and the machine, and as such it is a great way for beginner Poker players to get a taste for the game, practice, and even improve their skills as they continue playing. The game mixes elements of luck and skill, and offers a low house edge and the possibility of large wins. Because there are so many variations and platforms of video poker, in many cases choosing the best pay tables and knowing how to take advantage of them is what will make the player successful.
- 5 card draw table Poker rules
- How to find a video poker game
- Download and installation of video poker
- Playing online video poker
- How to cash out responsibly
*Previously Required Knowledge
Knowing how to play 5 card draw table poker is the most important aspect of playing video poker. Although we will explain this, you will have a major head start by being familiar with the game before trying video poker.
Know how to play 5 card draw table Poker
1. The value of the cards goes in order of increasing face value, with Ace being 1 point higher than King.
2. The increasing value of the different hands goes as follows:
- One pair - 2 of the same valued cards
- Two pair - 2 separate pairs of the same valued cards
- Three of a Kind - 3 cards of the same numerical value
- Straight - 5 cards in sequence, but not in the same suit
- Flush - any 5 cards of the same suit, but not in sequence
- Fill House - 3 of a kind combined with a pair
- Four of a Kind - 4 cards of the same number
- Straight Flush - any 5 card sequence in the same suit
- Royal Flush - an Ace, King, Queen, Jack, and 10 - all in the same suit
- When 2 players have the same hand, he/she with the higher card value will win.
3. The ante is the initial bet made by all players. To raise a bet is to match the previous player's bet and add some extra funds. To fold is to lay your cards on the table and forfeit your ante. To call is to match the previous player's bet once he/she has opened the hand by betting.
4. ach Poker facility will determine its own house rules, which includes defining the number of cards a player can exchange after the first round. To choose not to exchange cards is called "staying".
Find a Video Poker game
You should choose a Video Poker game that has a maximum bet that you are comfortable with. Also, check to see that the game has a good payout table.
Download your game
Once you have chosen which Video Poker game you want to play, download it and install it accordingly onto your computer. When the download and installation finish, open the file and login to your online accounts, or if you haven't got one, register for a new account at the online casino. You now may begin game play.
Begin Game Play
- Insert money into the machine, IE - your bet.
- Press the "deal", "draw", or "start" button. You will be dealt 5 cards.
- For each card that you would like to keep, click on the "hold" button appearing underneath them. Cards not selected to "hold" will be discarded by the machine and replaced.
- Press the "deal"/"draw" button to replace unwanted cards.
- You will now receive your final hand and according to the payout table and poker hand ranking, you will receive a certain amount for a winning hand.
- This concludes one round. To continue, simply repeat this process.
Cash out appropriately
To receive you remaining funds and winnings, click on the "cash out", "cashier", or "credit" button when you would like to stop playing.
- The cards you see and receive are dealt according to a random number generator (RNG) to ensure fairness.
- By understanding the pay table and developing a mathematical strategy for each game, you will be more likely to win.
- Over 22 percent of hands dealt in Video Poker are winning hands, so make decisions wisely.
- Unlike in regular poker, you cannot bluff or play hunches with a machine.