Anticipated William Hill Online 2010 Results

Published February 23, 2011 by OCR Editor

Anticipated William Hill Online 2010 Results

Announcement due February 25, amid rumors of looking Playtech and Ladbrokes deal.

It has been two full years and then some since William Hill launched its William Hill Online brands - casino, poker, bingo and sports betting sites. William Hill owns 71% of the William Hill Online joint venture, while Playtech holds the remaining 29%.

The coming release of WHO's 2010 preliminary results - expected to come later this week, on February 25 - is of great significance, coming on the heels of a recent William Hill vs Playtech feud of sorts.

Why the Ruckus?

Recently, rumors of a looming deal between Playtech and Ladbrokes have been floating. Such a deal, whatever shape it may eventually take on, will surely affect William Hill; Playtech software powers the William Hill brands, while Ladbrokes is Will Hill's rival.

William Hill, it is said, is ready to protect its own exclusive relationship with Playtech.

Legal Action

William Hill plc has launched legal action to disrupt a potential merger. Ladbrokes has made preliminary contact to seek "possible significant amendments" to the agreements the two companies have.

Playtech quickly responded, stating that its interests in the joint venture remain strong, supposedly unaffected by the injunction or the Ladbrokes relations.

Background

The rumored deal between Playtech and Ladbrokes, is said to be around £2.2 billion. Ladbrokes is also said to be in pursuit of 888 gaming group, for a smaller sum, that of £240 million.

See also

World Cup 2010: Shock Result of the Day


Yes! I want to know about exclusive bonuses, promotions, and news.

SUBSCRIBE