The 2019 Scandinavian Gaming Show Takes Place Next MonthPublished August 9, 2019 by Brett C
The Scandinavian Gaming Show will be hosted by Eventus International at the Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel, in Copenhagen, Denmark. The 2-day event takes place in early September 2019.
The Scandinavian Gaming Show (SGS) is a high-profile event for stakeholders in the gambling industry. It is geared towards the Scandinavian market, with many leading professionals making presentations throughout the 2-day event.
Day 1 takes place on Thursday, 5 September 2019. Registration kicks off at 9 AM, followed by the exhibition showcase and networking presentation at 9:30 AM. Between 10 AM and 4 PM, the Scandinavian Gaming Show conference begins. Among others, the following topics will be addressed in detail:
- Denmark's Gaming Code of Conduct
- Gender diversity in the gambling industry
- How to implement responsible gaming in Scandinavian countries and elsewhere
- Marketing in Scandinavian countries, with a focus on legislative issues and the threats posed by over-regulation
- A focus on illegal gambling activity and irresponsible gaming conduct, and how this impacts on legal operators
- An introduction to grey market activity in Scandinavian countries and how best to manage these operations
Day 2 takes place on Friday, 6 September 2019. The discussions on Day 2 will focus on the following issues:
- The latest gambling craze now that the poker boom is over
- The impact of payment blocking and restrictions in Norway
- Technical compliance in Sweden and Denmark where change management is in place
- White label operators, legislative frameworks, responsible gaming, and control measures
- EDD, AML, and KYC compliance requirements and what operators can do in practical terms to better know their customers and make for a safe, reliable, sustainable, and profitable gambling environment
On both days, beverages will be offered from 4:30 PM onwards. The entire conference is focused on understanding the nature of the Scandinavian gambling industry. Particular attention will be focused on the legal aspects, as well as the professional qualifications required to become an established force in the growing industry.
The 2019 event follows the highly successful Scandinavian Gaming Show (SGS) of 2018. Last year's summit provided comprehensive insights into the gambling industry, with a focus on regulated gambling and responsible gaming. The 2019 event will bring the world's foremost experts to the fore, offering their insights and providing a forum for discussions on all manner of gambling-related topics in the region. Among others, government officials, online gaming innovators, regulators, lawyers, anti-money-laundering experts and other stakeholders will be attending the prestigious conference.