Complete Online Gambling Strategy Guide to Andar BaharPublished December 24, 2022 by Shane
Andar Bahar is a fast-paced table game from India that is gaining popularity at live casinos and RNG operators. Learn how to play smart, maximise your bankroll and place high-paying side bets in our handy guide.
With the increasing globalisation of online gambling, the market has become far more inclusive. This newfound inclusivity has introduced exciting regional casino games into new markets.
One of the recent gaming hot spots has been India, which, building on the success of Asian slots and table games like Dragon Tiger, has introduced Teen Patti and Andar Bahar to the online casino community.
While Teen Patti has found a niche audience, Andar Bahar has captured European players' imagination. Whether it's the exoticism of its name, the simple yet entertaining gameplay mechanic or the appeal of experiencing something new, the attention it has garnered in recent months has made it a must-have for live casinos and those focusing on RNG table games.
Our Andar Bahar strategy guide is filled with insights, tips, and gameplay explanations to help you leap from novice to seasoned players. We will cover the casino game's rules, what variants are available online, tips and tricks for becoming a better player, and discuss which gambling strategies will work for you.
Andar Bahar’s Table Layout
The name of a game tells you a lot about its core mechanics. In this case, Andar Bahar in Hindi means “Inside Outside” or “Within Without”, which speaks directly to how the cards are dealt at the beginning of each new round.
The game table has a simple layout comprising dealer and player sections. The dealer's side of the table holds the card shoe, the Joker box, and two additional boxes labelled Andar and Bahar.
The player’s side of the table contains two segments, each with two betting boxes. The one segment is labelled Andar with boxes for the 1st bet and 2nd. There is also a segment for Bahar with first and second bet options.
How to Play Andar Bahar
One of the things about Andar Bahar that makes it so accessible for Western players is its similarity to the fan favourite table game, Baccarat. In both games, the player is simply predicting who will win the round based on the outcome of a card draw.
The primary aim and format of a game of Andar Bahar:
- The dealer draws a target value card and places it in the Joker box.
- Players bet on whether the Andar or Bahar will win the round.
- The dealer sets a card in Andar and then Bahar, continuing in this alternating pattern till a Joker is drawn.
- Depending on which box, Andar or Bahar, is dealt, the next Joker card will determine who wins the round.
- When a winner is decided, the game ends.
While the overall gameplay mechanic is simple, several betting practices must be understood to master the title. These include understanding the importance of the 1st card box and how to place additional wagers.
Here are the rules to keep in mind once the dealer has selected the Joker and players have placed their initial bets in the 1st bet box of either Andar or Bahar:
- The first card the dealer draws will be placed on the 1st card side of Bahar. If this first Bahar card is the Joker, the winning players will only receive 25% of the initial bet as a prize, while all Andar players lose the round.
- Play then moves to Andar, where if the first card drawn is the Joker, the players will receive a 1:1 payout, and all Bahar players will lose the round.
- Players can make an additional wager known as the “2nd bet" if the Joker does not appear in the first two cards. If the Joker is the first card during the second round of betting, players win 25% of the 2nd bet and 100% of the 1st bet.
- Any win after the first card of the second betting round is paid out at 1:1 on all bets.
Boost Your Andar Bahar Payouts
To up the ante, there is a unique bet variant of Andar Bahar known as Super Bahar. This version of the game has a bet box labelled Super Bahar and accepts wagers during the 1st bet and 2nd bet stages but only on Bahar. Drawing the Joker on Bahar with the Super Bahar bet in play results in an 11x payout.
A popular side bet at live dealer casinos is predicting how many cards it will take before the Joker is dealt. The payouts for this side bet are as follows:
- 1-5 pays 2.5x
- 6-10 pays 3.5x
- 11-15 pays 4.5x
- 16-25: pays 3.5x
- 26-30 pays 14x
- 31-35 pays 24x
- 36-40 pays 49x
- 41-49 pays 119x
Remember that the higher the payout, the less likely the outcome. While these side bets can be a fun addition to dabble in, we do not recommend them as a standard betting practice.
Tips and Tricks for Enjoying the Game
When playing Andar Bahar, the most important thing is to play within your means and have fun. Here are several do’s and don’t for enjoying your next round of this fast-paced table game:
What to do…
- It is fast-paced, so manage your bet settings to allow for many games.
- Learn the rules and practice on demo tables before playing for real money.
- Be sure to claim all available bonuses and promotions to extend the gameplay potential of your bankroll.
What to avoid…
- Don’t try to count the cards, both online and offline this will not give you an advantage.
- Don't try to learn a complicated or costly betting strategy; they don't work.
Can Gambling Strategies Work for You?
Remember that Andar Bahar is a pure game of chance, which means there is no way to predict a winning bet accurately.
Even though each round is decided by luck, many would-be experts recommend that players use the Martingale betting system to gain an advantage in Andar Bahar. In the most basic form, the strategy requires you to double your bet each time you lose a hand until you win. While mathematically, this will result in a net positive outcome, it also assumes that you have an unlimited bankroll to cover these ever-increasing bets. We do not recommend this strategy to anyone on a budget.
There has been an increase in the popularity of the Reverse Martingale system. Players opt to double their bets when they win and revert to a base bet value when they lose. While this may sound great when you’re winning, it destroys any profits as soon as you lose a round.
The other popular betting strategy adopted by Andar Bahar players is the Hot or Cold method. Andar Bahar shows a running list of previous winning results like a roulette table. Player's looking for an advantage use this list to predict potential winning outcomes.
We are strong proponents of safer gambling, and we recommend that you play Andar Bahar for the entertainment value it brings. Set a budget, learn the rules, and have fun.