European Blackjack's Winning FormulaPublished January 26, 2009 by OCR Editor
This time round the dealer waits for his hole card.
European Blackjack adds a lot more spice to the exciting game players have come to know so well. In this version of the game, the dealer is last in line to be dealt a second card. And that's when the game gets interesting.
Players get dealt their hands before the dealer takes his second card. Why - so that the fun-meter in the game gets cranked up a gear or two.
There's lots of excitement with liberal splits and double down rules:
- With 6 decks and 1 to 5 hands of cards, European rules bring a whole new dimension to Blackjack. For instance the dealer stands soft on 17 or higher.
- For players there are for 3:2 ratio winnings on an ace and 10-value card. For other winnings, players rack up a 1 to 1 ratio.
- Knowing the ins and outs of the rules will make the entire experience much more worthwhile, so spend a minute or two understanding the basics.
Some points to European Blackjack players bear in mind:
- You can double down on any first two cards or following a split. Best of all you can split three times for a total of 4 hands.
- The usual rules apply with face cards valued at 10, and all other cards between 2 and 10 assume their nominal value.
- Aces are 1 or 11, and for Blackjack it's merely the sum of all the cards in the hand.
Betting chips start from as little as $0.10 to $1000. With healthy win ratios, these numbers can swell as small cash rapidly translates into big winnings. With payout odds standing at 2:1 for Insurance, 3:2 for Player Blackjack and 1:1 for a winning hand, players are all lining up to throw their chips into this exciting game.
And what about online destinations for top quality Internet Blackjack? Well, where better to start than the online casino famed for its Blackjack offering, Blackjack Ballroom of course.