Glitched 18-Figure Craps Win & Why You Need to Know the RulesPublished May 25, 2023 by Shane
Inspired by a glitched 18-figure craps win, we compiled a beginner's guide to online craps, covering the table layout, odds and some helpful tips and tricks for those learning to play online craps.
Winning a jackpot is always exciting, regardless of the amount, but what if the casino game shows you a number so large you can’t believe it’s true?
One lucky player, nicknamed “djbabycakezzz”, won an amount surpassing a quadrillion dollars at Sycuan Casino Resort in San Diego, California. When her winning results were displayed on the screen, she saw an astounding $184,467,440,737,095,488.00!
Unfortunately for our avid gambler, there are no casinos in the world able to pay out such a sum, nor any casino offering quadrillion-dollar jackpots, leading to the conclusion that the video craps machine suffered a glitch or malfunction.
Sycuan Resort Casino subsequently posted celebratory messages on Facebook, congratulating the week’s 40 jackpot winners at the casino, winning amounts ranging from $5,000 to $25,000, but unsurprisingly neglected to mention any quadrillion-dollar jackpot winner. A video of the incredible glitch did, however, do viral in case you want to see it for yourself.
Given that most casinos have strict policies that void bets that result from errors or malfunction, there’s a high degree of certainty that “djbabycakezzz” is left without the astronomical sum indicated because of cases like this that it’s essential to understand how both casinos and games work before you start playing.
Getting to Grips with the Basics
Before diving into a game, it's essential to grasp the rules. Let's examine how Craps works and the key points you need to know.
A standard craps table has two sections:
- Side sections: Two identical sections at each end of the table.
- Centre section.
The Craps table includes other important sections and boxes that can impact your betting:
- Pass Line, Come Box: Located between the box numbers and the Pass Line, this area is used for making Come Bets, similar to a Pass Line Bet but placed after a Pass Line point number is established.
The Craps table also features opposing bets for the Pass Line and Come:
- Don't Pass Bar
- Don't Come Bar (excluding 12, which results in a push)
Individual Box Numbers:
- You can place and buy bets on a regular online craps table on 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, and 10. These numbers are boxed at the top of the table on both ends.
This layout is standard across various forms of Craps, and you'll find these table sections available anywhere you play online Craps.
Understanding Your Betting Options
Craps tables offer various betting options, both online and at land-based casinos. Here's a simplified overview:
- Lay Bets: Placed above a number, these bets predict that a 7 will roll before the chosen number.
- Field Bets: Located below Come Bets, this betting area covers numbers 2, 3, 4, 9, 10, 11, and 12. Wins pay 1-to-1, except for 2 (2-to-1) and 12 (3-to-1).
- Big 6 and Big 8 Bets: Placed in the corner of the table, they are similar to placing bets on 6 or 8 but pay even more money instead of more.
- Proposition Bets: Found in the centre of the table, they offer 8 bet types.
- Any 7 Bet: Pays 4-to-1 if a 7 is rolled, while other numbers result in a loss.
- Any Craps Bet: Pays 7-to-1 if the next roll is 2, 3, or 12, with other numbers causing a loss.
- Hardways Bets: Predicting the hard way number before a 7, these bets pay 7-to-1 or 9-to-1, depending on the specific number.
- House Bonus Bets: Casinos offer various bonus bets like Fire Bets, All-Tall-Small (ATS), Sharpshooter, or Repeater Bets.
- Individual Hard-to-roll Horn Numbers: Betting on the 2 or 12 separately, with specific dice combinations, offers a 30-to-1 payout.
- Horn Number Bets: Covering all horn numbers with one combined bet, it is divided equally across 2, 3, 11, and 12.
- C and E Bets: Placed at the outer edges of Proposition Bets, these bets are split evenly on craps (2, 3, or 12) and yo-11.
Remember that the available betting options may vary depending on the specific version of Craps you're playing. Always review the game rules before making your first bet.
Tips and Tricks for New Players
Online Craps is arguably the most exciting of online casino games. Here are some tips to improve your gameplay.
1. Utilise Online Casinos To Learn the Rules of Craps
Online casinos offer video tutorials, free versions of the game and rules/payout tables to aid all levels of players in learning the great game of Craps.
2. Don’t Be Afraid To Play the Don’t Pass
The house edge decreases even further when you play maximum odds behind. Play the Don’ts, putting max odds behind you and reach for the big win.
3. Stay Away From Single Roll Bets
You are better served playing the more conservative, better-priced bets.
4. Put Max Odds behind Your Pass and Don’t Pass Bets
This is one of the few bets in a casino where the more you bet, the more the house’s edge is reduced. The odds bet is essentially a side bet backing up either your Pass bet or Don’t Pass bet.
5. Place Some Numbers with Your Pass Bets
When playing the Pass bet, you roll until you hit a point (4, 5, 6, 8, 9, 10). Once the point is rolled, you must roll the point again before landing the dreaded 7. Until you land the 7, you will roll several numbers, which is why placing numbers is a great way to hedge your original Pass bet.