Slotegrator Analysis of the Ever Popular Curaçao Gaming LicensePublished July 21, 2022 by Brett C
Curaçao is a small island in the southern Caribbean. It’s also a prized destination for acquiring an online gaming license. In addition, Curaçao is a haven for the gambling industry with an operator-friendly taxation scheme, liberalized legislation, and smooth business operations. All-in-all, businesses with Curaçao licensing benefit in many ways.
However, a Curaçao license requires operators to follow a variety of intricate steps during the application process. These include registering an iGaming company in the Curacao jurisdiction. Plus, companies must complete the application paperwork and pay the required licensing fee. As a market-leading entity, Slotegrator understands the process in its entirety as it assists operators with professional legal services to acquire a Curacao license.
To date, Slotegrator has successfully launched 150+ projects, often with licensing included. Slotegrator assists new entrants and established operators alike. Curaçao is an important destination for licensing online casinos. As one of the first territories to regulate iGaming, Curaçao’s industry is governed by the Ministry of Finance & the Financial Intelligence Unit. The authority offers two types of licenses: a master license and a sub-license.
The master license is valid for five years with an option to extend it. The Curaçao sub-license is valid indefinitely on the proviso that the master license is active. Only four master license holders exist in Curaçao. This has been the case since 1996. These include the following:
- Antillephone NV #8048/JAZ.
- Gaming Curaçao (GC) #365/JAZ
- CuraçaoInteractive Licensing NV (CIL) #5536/JAZ
- Cyberluck Curaçao NV (Curaçao eGaming) #1668/JAZ
According to the rules of Curaçao licensing, all new applicants must apply through these vendors. As a leading player in the industry, Slotegrator offers a variety of business solutions and technical solutions for operators. Among others, Slotegrator advocates for a Curaçao license for the following reasons:
- There is no VAT, and income tax is just 2%.
- The rudimentary licensing process takes up to 6 weeks.
- One Curaçao license applies to all online gambling activities.
- Curaçao offers enhanced opportunities for network development.
- Licensing contributes to transparency, integrity and honest operations.
The Process of Applying for a Curaçao License
While the application process is simpler in Curaçao, operators expect several key requirements. If an incorrect application process is submitted, it can derail the entire process. The application process comprises these steps:
- Register a legal company in Curaçao.
- Compile the required documents (recent utility bill, valid passport, ID, proof of no criminal record, bank recommendation letter, expert commendation letter, et al.)
- Complete the application and pay the fees.
- Wait for the application to be processed.
- Launch the online gaming site.
Every document in the application package must be completed and submitted accurately for the license to be processed. Mistakes can invalidate applications, so care, and attention is needed. The attendant fees for Curaçao licensing vary from one operator to the next. However, Curaçao licensing fees are considerably lower than other authorities. The financial liability of Curaçao operators is 2% net income tax, license application fees, and renewal fees.
Viewed in perspective, Curaçao licensing confers many benefits to operators. It is a quick & easy process, with abundant networking opportunities available to operators. While limited restrictions apply, the Government of Curaçao-approved iGaming sites block players from France, the Netherlands, and the USA.
Top Slotegrator Casinos