The Irish Poker Open 2011 ReturnsPublished March 20, 2011 by OCR Editor
It's showtime at the UK's most prestigious big-money poker tournament.
The good news is that the Irish Poker Festival is making a welcome return to town at the Irish National Events Centre (INEC) in Killarney. Poker players the world over will be converging on this glittering event, which promises big-money poker pots and terrific Irish hospitality.How the 2011 IPO is Shaping Up
If the 2010 event is anything to go by - with 633 competitors in the Main Event - then the 2011 contest is going to break new ground. Between the September 29th and October 2nd poker players will get a shot at poker superstardom. The €550 Main Event sports a guaranteed pot of €250k.
The 2010 Irish Poker Open winner was Lars Törngren from Sweden. He pocketed a cool €75,000 from a staggering prize pool of €300k. Local Irish lads enjoyed a good showing in the contest and in the 1st year of the IPO an Irishman won the Main Event.Qualifying for the Irish Poker Open
Ladbrokes is pulling out the stops to get you into the contest. Here's what they're offering to players:
- A poker qualifier to Killarney, Irelandworth €1,000, or a coveted Main Event seat worth €500.
- 3 night's stay at The Gleneagle Hotel, Killarney from Friday September 30th thru Saturday & Sunday 1st and 2nd October 2011
- Free Transport to & from Kerry airport for Ladbrokes qualifiers staying at the Gleneagles or Brehon Hotel
- Ladbrokes qualifiers will enjoy the exclusive Fast track sign-in on Main Event day
- A generous €150 towards your expenses
Simply sign up at Ladbrokes Poker to enjoy your shot at poker glory at the Irish Poker Open 2011.