Top Players to Watch at 2014 U.S. OpenPublished June 12, 2014 by OCR Editor
It'll be a day of long drives, amazing green shots and puts as the action gets underway at 11:45 am.
The greatest week in U.S. Golf is upon us. The preliminary FedEx St. Jude Classic was won by Ben Crane for his 5th PGA title. The FedEx Cup rankings are in as well as the Official World Golf Rankings and here is a look at the top 5 to watch in the U.S. Open.
Top Five Golfers
- One of the few lefty's on the tour Bubba Watson is ranked 1st going into the U.S. Open today. Bubba has already won twice this year and doesn't look like he is satisfied there.
- Jimmy Walker has already won 3 times in 2014 and is showing his true winning colors every time he steps on the course. He has already made 16 of the 18 cuts this season and is currently ranked 1st according to the FedEx.
- In 3rd position according to the rankings is Adam Scott who has the ability to win on any given day as he is always phenomenal. Watch out for Scott from long distances as his accuracy is close to perfect.
- Matt Kuchar comes in just out of the top 3. He has made 13 out of the 15 cuts and has made the top 10 an astonishing 9 times this year.
- Arguably the favorite for the U.S. Open, Rory McIlroy is always on his game and should finish in the top 5 if not winning it all. He won the 2011 U.S. Open and is always a threat on the course.
Bet365 is the UK sportsbook that is following all the U.S. Open action and has posted lines for the Golf tournament for interested punters. They will be airing much of the open so if you need to watch you can check it out on your smartphone at bet365 sportsbook.