With the incredible appeal of mobile gambling and the astounding value presented by cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin, a surprising new online gambling channel has been growing in prominence: Telegram-hosted casino games.
Join us as we delve into this fascinating new crossover between crypto casinos and mobile gaming to discover why it's so popular, how it compares to traditional online casino gambling, and whether it's the right choice for your crypto needs.
From Uncrackable Chat Tool to Gambling Haven
Telegram was the 2013 brainchild of Russian developers Nikolai and Pavel Durov. Fresh off the success of the creation of VK, the country’s foremost social platform, they set out to build an uncrackable social communication app that could become a challenger to the ever-popular WhatsApp.
The BusinessOfApps describes it as follows:
Telegram is a cloud-based instant messaging service, which offers multimedia messages, voice and video calls, similar to Facebook Messenger.
To both improve and promote how secure Telegram is, the owners began offering a bounty to anyone who could successfully hack the platform. It started with a mere $500 prize, and by the time the competition ended, the stakes had been raised to $300,000. After running the offer for several years, it ended with no one having been able to claim the crypto prize money.
With over 500 million active users, a crypto-friendly environment, and incredible security, the platform soon became a haven for providers looking to offer games of chance in a secure environment, with Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, and other virtual currencies being the preferred method of transacting.
What Players Love About Telegram Casinos
While from an accessibility, security, and functionality perspective, its appeal to casino operators is obvious, the platform holds a lot of benefits for players as well.
Here are five of the reasons Telegram casino players love the platform:
- Secure and anonymous accounts worldwide.
- Very competitive casino welcome bonuses selection.
- Access to over 15,000 world-class casino games.
- Instant payments via Telegram’s in-house chatbot.
- Simple one-click navigation and game launching.
The platform has a large user base in regions like Latin America, the outskirts of Europe, and beyond, where transacting online can be challenging. The fact that Telegram bypasses all local limitations and offers near-perfect anonymity has added to its appeal.
The Differences Between Mobile and Telegram Casinos
While most online gamblers are familiar with the workings of mobile casinos, this might be the first time that the idea of interacting with bots to gamble has been raised.
Here are six of the ways in which Telegram casinos might differ from the mobile casinos you’ve played with before:
- Telegram casinos can only be accessed via the Telegram app. No browser access is available.
- Accessible from anywhere in the world. There are no geographical restrictions on the apps and, therefore, none on the casinos it hosts.
- Users are completely anonymous; no accounts are registered, or KYC information is requested.
- Cryptocurrency banking is preferred to maintain user anonymity and offer lightning-fast withdrawals.
- Specialised bonus offers and promotions that are only available on the Telegram platform.
- All customer support is managed exclusively by bots on Telegram.
As the platform's adoption improves, we can look forward to more intelligent bots to assist players in real-time and even more unique games and promotions. While Telegram is a mature messaging app, it is in its infancy regarding its potential as a gambling platform.
Pros and Cons of Bot-based Gambling Sites
As with any new platform, especially one that is pivoting from its original design to the world of online gambling, there are pros and cons to making the switch.
Here are some of the things to keep in mind if you intend to give Telegram gambling a spin:
- Ease of access: Telegram casinos are simple for anyone with a mobile device and a steady internet connection. This simplicity means you can play instant slots and other casino games from anywhere and at any time.
- Privacy is always top of mind: The app is renowned for its enhanced levels of security and privacy. This safety can be a significant drawcard for players wanting to keep their online gambling and banking history private.
- Wide selection of games: Many Telegram casinos offer a wide variety of casino games, like slot machines, card games, and even live dealer games. This fact means you can enjoy many different games without going to a land-based casino.
- Special Offers: To attract players, operators offer exciting promotions, including welcome packages, free spins, and loyalty programs to reward returning patrons.
- Social gaming: Many of these casinos offer community chats using Telegram's chatbot system to foster a sense of community. This is done anonymously using channels and groups like any other messaging app.
- Lack of regulation: The upside of the Telegram platform is that it is secure and provides anonymity. These are also the features that make it very challenging to regulate. Be sure to gamble with providers with sterling online reviews and positive community feedback.
- Limited payment options: With its focus on cryptocurrency, there are very few options for players who prefer fiat deposits and withdrawals. Newer operators are beginning to make allowance for this, but it is a predominantly crypto space for now.