$1600 Bonus Package
$100 Bonus Package
$350 Welcome Bonus + Up to 150 Free SpinsCode: YES
Find out more about online gambling licensing in France.
In France, gambling operators must adhere to strict regulations. In addition, gambling activities have been monopolized by the state. Several years ago only lotteries and horse racing were legal but in 2010 the French Parliament enacted a law that legalized certain types of online gambling.
Online gambling is regulated by an administrative authority known as ARJEL. ARJEL has several responsibilities in terms of regulation of the online gambling industry. This authority focuses on setting technical and legal conditions for the online gambling market in France. This authority reworks and issues licenses for online gambling and ensures that illegal websites are found and their owners prosecuted. This authority also monitors the games available at online casinos to ensure that they are in line with all regulations.
Licenses for the following games can be obtained in France:
- Sports betting for pool betting, fixed odds and live betting
- Poker games such as Omaha Poker and Texas Hold’em
- Horse betting
There are 3 types of online gambling licenses available in France including:
- Online sports licenses which are valid for 5 years
- Online poker licenses which are valid for 5 years
- Online horse racing licenses which are valid for 5 years
There are certain requirements that operators must meet to be granted a license. These include the following:
- Must have headquarters or main office in one of the EU or EEA nations
- Must have proof of identity and no criminal history
- Bank account that is located in one of the EU or EEA nations
- Permanent tax correspondent in France
- Separate accounts in French territory for operations
Would you like to learn more? Visit the following link for more details and information: arjel.fr.